Annual Medicare Payment Rule Cycle Begins
While many of you may mark important dates on your calendars – birthdays, anniversaries, family gatherings, school reunions – the Government & External Affairs team “celebrates” Medicare payment rules and marks public comment due dates for CMS regulations on our calendars. These rules impact Medicare reimbursement and quality measurement and have site of service implications. Since as a payor, Medicare comprises roughly 35% of our patient services revenue. The cycle starts with some heavy hitters listed below, including the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (UnityPoint Health Summary).
- FY 2022 Hospice Payment Rate Update (CMS Fact Sheet) – comments due on June 7th
- FY 2022 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Prospective Payment System (CMS Fact Sheet) – comments due on June 7th
- FY 2022 Payment and Quality Reporting Updates for Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities (IPF) (CMS Fact Sheet) – comments due on June 7th
- FY 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Prospective Payment System (CMS Fact Sheet) – comments due on June 7th
- FY 2022 Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) (CMS Fact Sheet) – comments due on June 28th
The Government & External Affairs team works with subject matter experts from across UnityPoint Health to review these proposed regulations and provide formal input on behalf of the system. For transparency and awareness, past UnityPoint Health comment letters are accessible on the Government & External Affairs webpage.
For more information on the CMS rule making process or if you would like to participate as a UnityPoint Health content expert, please contact Cathy Simmons, executive director of government & external affairs for UnityPoint Health or Stephanie Collingwood, government relations specialist for UnityPoint Health.